Continuing on with our series on how to use mocktastic's teams feature to seamlessly collaborate with your development team, today let's talk about how to update a server you have previously published to your team.
To update a published server, you need to meet the following pre-requisites:
- You have a mocked up API in the mocktastic desktop app, which has already been published to your team by any team member, and you have made further changes to this API and saved your changes locally.
- You are a
Publisheron your team. If you are not a
Publisheron your team, talk to your team's
Admin, and ask them to change your role.
Now you're ready update your published server.
- Open up the Mocktastic desktop app. Goto the 'Account' menu, and click the 'Login' option.
- A new login window will open, asking for your email [2a], and password [2b]. Provide these details, and click 'Login' [2c].
- Once you've logged in, open the server you wish to publish, by clicking the server name in the sidebar .
- Click the Publish/Unpublish Server  button on the server page.
- A new dialog box opens up, specifying the team to which the server is published, and asking if you wish to publish or unpublish the server. Select the 'Publish' option .
- Click the 'Publish or Unpublish' button .
- Your update has now been successfully published . Mocktastic will also display the updated version of the published server.
- The server page will also change to reflect that the server is now shared with a team. It will now show the new updated version of the server [8a], and the name of the team the server is published to. [8b]
That's it! Your updated server has been shared with your team, and all the members of the team will shortly be notified about the newly available update. They can then sync the server with just two clicks. We'll talk about syncing in an upcoming post. Stay tuned until then!