Continuing on with our series on how to use mocktastic's teams feature to seamlessly collaborate with your development team, today let's talk about how to unpublish a server that you have already published to your mocktastic team.
To unpublish a published server, you need to meet the following pre-requisites:
- You have a mocked up API in the Mocktastic desktop app, which has already been published to your team by any team member.
- You are a
Publisheron your team. If you are not a
Publisheron your team, talk to your team's
Admin, and ask them to change your role.
Now you're ready unpublish your published server.
- Open up the mocktastic desktop app. Goto the 'Account' menu, and click the 'Login' option.
- A new login window will open, asking for your email [2a], and password [2b]. Provide these details, and click 'Login' [2c].
- Once you've logged in, open the server you wish to unpublish, by clicking the server name in the sidebar.
- Click the Publish/Unpublish Server button on the server page.
- A new dialog box opens up, specifying the team to which the server is published, and asking if you wish to publish or unpublish the server. Select the 'Unpublish' option.
- Click the 'Publish or Unpublish' button.
- Your server has now been successfully unpublished. mocktastic will remove the version and team details on the server page.
That's it! You've unpublished the server.
PS: Unpublishing a server, does not automatically delete the server. If you no longer wish to keep the server after unpublishing it, you will have to delete the server separately.
Also, unpublishing a server that people on your team have already synced, does not guarantee that they will no longer be able to access that server. They still have to choose to sync the server once more, and only then will the server be deleted from their mocktastic app. We'll talk about syncing in an upcoming post. Stay tuned until then!