Up until today, the only way to join a mocktastic team, was to ask an
Admin on that team to add you to the team. One of the most requested features so far has been to be able to join the team using an invite code.
As of today (August 30, 2018), this is now possible. In order to be able to use this feature, you will have to upgrade to v0.2.0 of the mocktastic desktop app. If you already have downloaded the mocktastic app, then it will automatically update the next time you open the app, and no further action is required on your behalf.
If you don't have the mocktastic desktop app yet, or if you wish to manually install the update, you can always download the latest version of the app, and install it. All your existing data will be retained.
Once you've updated your mocktastic desktop app, you can join any team using that teams invite code. All you have to do is:
- Create an account for yourself on mocktastic by signing up here. A verification email will be sent to you and once you follows the link in the email, your account will be activated. If you already have an account on mocktastic, you can skip this step.
- Open up the mocktastic desktop app (v0.2.0 or higher), and click on the
Accountmenu item, and select
- Enter your email [3a] and password [3b], and click the 'Login' button [3c].
- Once you're logged in, click on the
Accountmenu item, the
Teamsitem, and select the
- A new window will open up, asking for the invite code of the team you wish to join [5a]. You can get this invite code from the team admin, or any other member of the team. Type in the invite code, and click the 'Join' button [5b].
- You will be added to the team as a
Subscriber, and you will now have access to all of the teams servers.
Note that, while joining a team using the invite code, you will only ever be added in the
Subscriber role. If you wish to change your role, talk to your team admin, and get them to change it for you.
Do try out the new feature, and let us know your opinion on it!