Continuing on with our series on how to use mocktastic's teams feature to seamlessly collaborate with your development team, today let's talk about how to share a mock server you have created with your team. mocktastic refers to this act of sharing a server with your team is called 'Publishing' your server.
To publish a server, you need to meet the following pre-requisites:
- You have a mocked up API server in the mocktastic desktop app, which is ready to be shared with your team.
- You are a
Adminon your team. If you are not a
Publisheron your team, talk to your team's
Admin, and ask them to change your role.
Okay, so now we're ready to publish our server.
- Open up the Mocktastic desktop app. Goto the 'Account' menu, and click the 'Login' option.
- A new login window will open, asking for your email [2a], and password [2b]. Provide these details, and click 'Login'. [2c]
- Once you've logged in, open the server you wish to publish, by clicking the server name in the sidebar. 
- Click the Publish/Unpublish Server button on the server page. 
- A list of teams, in which you are a
Publisherwill popup . Select the team you wish to publish this server to.
- Click the 'Publish Server' button. 
- Your server has now been successfully published . Mocktastic will also display the version of the published server, which will currently be v1.
- The server page will also change to reflect that the server is now shared with a team. It will now show the published version of the server [8a], and the name of the team the server is published to. [8b]
That's it! Your server has been shared with your team, and all the members of the team will shortly be notified about the newly available server. They can then sync the server with just two clicks. We'll talk about syncing in an upcoming post. Stay tuned until then!