In the last post, we saw how to add people to our team. When an admin adds a team member, they have to specify a role for that team member.
Each team member in a Mocktastic team is assigned a specific role. This can be one of:
- Admin - The admin user is the only user who has permission to add team members, remove team members, or change a team members role. Admin users are also publishers, and can perform all actions that publishers can perform.
- Pubisher - Publishers can mock an API in the Mocktastic desktop app, and then publish the API, and subsequent updates to it, to the team. Publishers are also subscribers, and can perform all actions that subscribers can perform.
- Subscriber - Subscribers can only ever download the published servers. They get a read-only access to the team. Once they download the published server to their desktop app, they can change it as they wish. However they will not be able to publish any updates they may make to the server.
Every team can have multiple users of each type. However, every team must always have at least one admin user.
Admin user is never allowed to remove himself from the team. If you need to remove an admin user from the team, you need to:
- Add a new member with the
- Login to the mocktastic dashboard as the new
- Delete the old
Also note, an important responsibility of the admin user is that, the oldest admin user in a team, i.e. the user with the role
Admin who has been part of the team longest, is the user who is billed for the entire team's usage. So it is critical to ensure that the right person has the
PS: Hope we didn't spook you about all that talk about billing. mocktastic is currently still in beta, so we're not charging anybody until we get out of beta. Also, if you join while we are still in beta, and help us iron out the initial hiccups, we'll set you up with a nice little lifetime discount! So sign up now, if you haven't already!